I've been tagged! What a momentous day for me! I'm borrowing this picture and idea from Taylor. Contra the rules of the game, I refuse to tag anyone else. If you're reading this and you have a blog, consider yourself tagged. Hmm... I realize this is risky behavior. I'll probably lose all my teeth and my crush won't ask me out and I'll not get my birthday wish, but those are all risks I'm willing to take at this point in my life.1. My room has two doors but no windows.
2. Two years ago, the room I lived in had ten windows that took up three walls.
3. I never loved fall until this year.
4. I used to think that winter was out to kill me. (I refer those of you who do not understand this comment to Damien Jurado's song "December" and/or to winters in rural North Dakota.)
5. I was a stand-in ring bearer during a wedding rehearsal that my dad officiated. During the run-through of the sermon, the meaning of marriage moved me to tears. Another significant motivator toward emotional instability may have been the shame-inducing role as stand-in ring bearer, which I knew and we all know was and is a boy's role, and is not now nor has ever been cool for a ten-year-old girl. On a completely unrelated note, I have not been in a wedding party before or since then. Lighting candles does not count.
6. My first movie in a movie theater was to see a free showing of Free Willie. The first movie that I paid for at a theater was the Prince of Egypt. That's right, friends, I was in high school.
7. I am not Amish. Don't let the head covering fool you.
No comments:
Post a Comment