Thursday, August 25, 2011

Could this be (us), please?

I'll leave a core of people among you
   who are poor in spirit—
What's left of Israel that's really Israel.
   They'll make their home in God.
This core holy people
   will not do wrong.
They won't lie,
   won't use words to flatter or seduce.
Content with who they are and where they are,
   unanxious, they'll live at peace."
 
Jerusalem will be told:
   "Don't be afraid.
Dear Zion,
   don't despair.
Your God is present among you,
   a strong Warrior there to save you.
Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love
   and delight you with his songs.
 18-20"The accumulated sorrows of your exile
   will dissipate.
I, your God, will get rid of them for you.
   You've carried those burdens long enough.
At the same time, I'll get rid of all those
   who've made your life miserable.
I'll heal the maimed;
   I'll bring home the homeless.
In the very countries where they were hated
   they will be venerated.
On Judgment Day
   I'll bring you back home—a great family gathering!
You'll be famous and honored
   all over the world.
You'll see it with your own eyes—
   all those painful partings turned into reunions!"
         God's Promise.

No comments: