Monday, August 22, 2011

Cont'd

"Usually, when the distractions of daily life deplete our energy, the first thing we eliminate is the thing we need the most: quiet,reflective time. Time to dream, time to think,time to contemplate what's working and what's not, so that we can make changes for the better." -Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance

Even sitting in the waiting room this morning at Les Schwab for two hours was a good down time.  I thought a lot about money and other resources and what Jesus would do with them were he me.  How he would dress as me.  Who he would be friends with and how and why.  What he would quit.

So I took it as discipline and I thought and thought.  The nicest time out I've had in awhile... I need so much time out.  Can I take it?  Do I dare not take it?  Maybe that's what I should call quiet times.  Time out.

No comments: