Friday, August 10, 2012

Like being me.

I like being me.
These friends and decisions I'm making, I like.
It's like being me.
Living in a house.  Me.
In that town.  On that street.
I like the books I am reading. 
I do not have to maintain a friendship with a book if it does not move or inspire me.
I like to walk to libraries and work in backyard gardens.
I like to sit in garden rooms and drink poetry.

Do you, reader, like being you?
I suggest you try it. 
Do something that reminds you of you.
Then do something different, just to stretch.
Do something with someone else that reminds you of them.
They may help you learn to love it.



My one goal in life is to be a mother of the church.  How long does it take to live into that vocation?  So far, millenia.  I start by learning to be a good mother to the Christ who is being born in me.  Sometimes that means I move around, learn how to mother myself, learn how to be mothered and love it.  Lots goes into mothering, and lots comes out.  Who can know what will be required?  Where it comes from, that is another matter.  Settle into the center.  Work will work its way out.

1 comment:

calebmolstad said...

I confess that I often prefer books to people and enjoy dead authors like normal people enjoy old friends.

Being a mother of Christ, I've never thought about it like that but it is profound.